Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Yup, it's most definitely never-ending!

image from Clipart Library

Slow and steady wins the race, so they say ~ and that's just as well as I can only manage "slow and steady" these days 😉

By the time I got back to the garden, the raspberry tubs were totally overgrown again.  The tubs are filled with soil from the infamous soil mountain, and despite Adrian's best efforts lots of weed seeds remained hidden in the soil ready to torment us in due course!

Still, I got them tidied up again and to be honest it really wasn't such a big job in the end.

I mentioned yesterday that I relocated the little blackberry bushes (a variety called Tiny Black) from the bed with the cordon fruit trees...

...to the two empty tubs either side of the raspberries.  I then topped off all the tubs with bark chippings to help keep the moisture in.  I figured it made good sense to have all the "berry" bushes together 😊

Mind you, whilst the soil looks dry on the surface, it's still nice and moist for the plant roots.  There were lots of "fiddly" little weeds in this bed, and it took longer than I thought it would to get them out.  Don't suppose it will be long before more of the buggers will be poking their heads up above the soil again 😏

Oh my goodness, how I wish you could smell the heavenly scent coming from these nemesia!  It's a variety called Wisley Vanilla and as it's name suggests, has a gorgeous vanilla aroma.  I believe this may be a tender perennial, so I may try to overwinter the plants ~ who knows, I might be successful.  Either way, I think it's worth a try I 😊

And just look at the soil mountain.....or should I say, the lack of said soil mountain!  It's finally gone, all used up in various places around the garden both front and back ~ hurray 👏


And finally, to round off this post, I'd like to send love and best wishes to my Dad on his birthday ~ 88 years young today 🎂  

No comments:

Post a Comment