Monday, August 26, 2024

A new project


I bet I can guess what you're all thinking, my lovelies: "omg, Sharon, why are you starting yet another bloody project when you still haven't finished the guest bedroom blanket??"  Well, to be fair to myself, I did actually buy this yarn with a specific project in mind ~ namely a blanket to be gifted for Christmas😄  And as I'd actually like to gift it this Christmas, I thought I'd best put the guest bedroom blanket temporarily to one side and get on with this one!
I'm using Stylecraft Special Double Knit and as usual I purchased it from Wool Warehouse.  I chose a limited colour palette for this blanket: cream, petrol, duck egg, storm blue, and sage.  I'm using a 4mm crochet hook.


I went through my rather large (would you really expect me to only have a piddly amount 😏) collection of patterns and considered a number of them, but kept coming back to the interlocking block stitch that I learnt when I made the bonus blanket #1.  I really love this pattern and now have loads of ideas for different colour combinations swirling around in my head!


Same pattern, very different look!

The autumnal-hued blanket did take me quite some time to complete, which is why I've chosen to start this second interlocking block stitch blanket sooner rather than later.  I'm again going to finish off with an envelope border, but this time might try the instructions from Rosina Crochets as I struggled somewhat with those from Wool Thread Paint.  Of course, I still might find it difficult but it's worth a try methinks 😉


You'll be pleased to know, though, that I have finished all 144 squares needed for the guest bedroom blanket ~ 12 squares x 12 squares.  Originally I was going to make it 11 wide x 12 long but by the time I'd got to 132 squares, I decided it would look nicer if the blanket was square rather than rectangular.  Once I've got the new project finished, I'll be back to finish this one off.

There is still a lot of yarn left from that humungous amount I purchased for Olive's blanket, despite the bonus blankets I've made, and I'm pretty sure there will be a goodly amount left from both of the above blankets too.  So I'm planning to have a good 'ole rummage through my stash for any more odds 'n' sods tucked away in there and put the whole lot together, as I've already got yet another blanket in mind to try to get it used up ~ more to come on that little project in due course, though 😃   

No comments:

Post a Comment