Monday, July 8, 2024

Bonus blanket #2

image from Clipart Library

More confessions: the humungous amount of yarn yarn I ordered for Olive's blanket not only made a bonus blanket to be gifted in due course, there was also enough to make a third gift blanket ๐Ÿ˜ฎ


Beverly decided to "help" my excess yarn dilemma by suggesting that I might like to make yet another blanket for her to add to her ever-growing collection ๐Ÿ˜„ Being the devoted mother that I am (!) I duly obliged.

I used Lucy's (Attic 24) Cosy Stripe Blanket tutorial, although I did change it up a little.  Lucy's blanket has each set of two rows in different colours, which looks lovely.  However, I thought these shades might be a little too "zingy" for Beverly's tastes, so I did all the granny rows in different colours with the plain treble (US double crochet) rows in the same colour all the way through.  As luck would have it, I had a rather large amount of Stylecraft Special DK in Mocha in my stash ~ no idea what I had intended to use it for ๐Ÿ˜• ~ and it helped to damp down the zinginess somewhat, especially those almost fluorescent orange and green shades!


 I also didn't use the edging that she made for her blanket.  Instead I used three rounds of half-trebles (US half double crochet), finished with a scallop edging.  I'm pretty sure this was from Lucy's Linen Stitch Tutorial edging but I can't swear to it to be honest!  I really must get into the habit of using my record books.


Even after making Beverly's blanket, I still have all this yarn left๐Ÿ˜ฒ  I've put it to one side for now.  I already have the yarn to make another gift blanket, so I was thinking that once that one is done I might combine all the leftovers to make either something for myself or as another gift.  I thought that I might crochet something like a "flower garden" design, perhaps.  I have different shades of green that could be the leaves, and plenty of other shades (especially once that other gift blanket has been made) for the petals and flower centres ~ plus, of course, there is still LOTS of yarn in my stash (including oddments) that I could perhaps incorporate.  I'll have to see what suitable pattern/s I can find in due course ๐Ÿ˜Š


I also still have over 400g of the Mocha left, too.


Also back in April I made myself some more dishcloths.  Some of the old ones are starting to look a little tatty and stained, so they have been relegated to the bucket under the sink to be used as cleaning cloths.


This time I made simple granny squares, with different edgings.  I know that they are "just" dishcloths, but it's still nice to have pretty ones ๐Ÿ˜Š

No comments:

Post a Comment