Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Still stash-busting!


As I mentioned on Monday, despite my lack of posts I have actually been working through the infamous yarn stash 😉 Before I made a start on the new gift blanket, I thought I'd use up the oddments of yarn that there wasn't enough of to follow a specific pattern.  In the end, I had just enough to make a couple of blankets, which I didn't feel were suitable for gifting as they are such a mish-mash of odds 'n' sods.  We now have two new blankets for our sofa, though, so I am still a very happy bunny 👏


I started this one last October (!) but got a bit bored making the solid colour granny squares, so decided to complete it with sections of granny stripes top and bottom.  I finished it with a simple border of three rounds of half-trebles (US half double crochet).  Personally I don't think it's a particularly attractive blanket but at least it helped to use up those oddments LOL  


When the not-so-pretty blanket was done, I decided to plough on with the oddments before starting the new project, this time making a granny rectangle.  As with the previous blanket, it was finished with three rounds of half trebles.  If I'd had a little more yarn I would have done an extra round or two but I used it all up, even using most of my scrap yarn ball!  I actually rather like this blanket 😊

The little bit of leftover yarn is now the beginning of a new scrap yarn ball ~ I simply join my scraps together with a Russian knot.  I can't remember where I first came across the technique but here's a link to a tutorial on Dora Does if you don't know how to do it.

I finished the new gift project, so photos to come in another post 😊 I'm also on the home straight now with a second "new project" so will be sharing that with you soon too 😄

No comments:

Post a Comment