Thursday, May 25, 2023

Busy, busy, busy...

image from Clipart Library

The rhythm of the garden has finally reached me and I've been out there most days these last few weeks or so 👏 I've certainly been sleeping well, going to bed much earlier than I usually do.....consequently, of course, I've also been getting up much earlier too, although some of that is probably because dawn is arriving so early now 😉 
 

All the beds and borders are in dire need of tidying up but I thought it prudent to start with the kitchen garden veggie beds.....not least because all the remaining plug plants from my Marshalls order will be winging their way to me very soon, and I will need to get them planted out asap 😏


This was the worst bed out of the four but even so it didn't really take me too long once I got stuck in, and the strawberry and asparagus beds were very quick and easy to tidy up.  Sometimes thinking about doing something is worse than actually getting on with the flippin job 😕


These three low beds had soft fruit in them: blackberries Tiny Black in the square bed on the right, with raspberries (Summer Lovers Patio Red and Patio Gold) and Funberries in pots on the other two beds.  Adrian was never happy with the net cages he made for these beds, so was highly delighted when I told him I was thinking of moving the fruit so I could use the beds as part of my veggie crops rotation!  I tell ya, that was a proper red letter day 'cos usually when I utter those immortal words "I've been thinking..." all he does is groan 😄


Anyhoo, although the photo above doesn't show it, all the beds have now been weeded and three of the four large beds have been restrung ready for this year's plantings in my favourite square foot method.  I didn't bother stringing the strawberry bed this year as the plants are now nicely established in their own spaces.  I've also now got potatoes planted in half of the bed to the left of the strawberries.  Still lots to be done but I think I've made a pretty good start 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment