Thursday, May 11, 2023

A new stitch


This has certainly been very much the case these past few months but I am starting to feel the call of working on other stuff, like the garden for instance.  Methinks crochet is on the cards to be relegated to the evening for a while 😉

During my "where's my mojo gone" hiatus, though, I fell in love with a new-to-me-stitch: the interlocking block stitch.  Marion, of Wool Thread Paint fame, made the most beautiful blanket: The Blair Atholl Blanket.  I fell in love with it straight away and as soon as the pattern was available, I snapped it up!  The trouble was, of course, that I had a) promised myself to use up as much of the leftover yarn odd 'n' sods as possible (hence the two new sofa blankets) and b) I had that gift blanket to get done.    


So a compromise was needed....and I tried out the stitch on a couple of dishcloths 😄  I was able to use up a bit more of my cotton yarn stash, so that was a plus!  It's such a simple stitch and creates a lovely "fabric" effect, which I really like.  


I've still got a fair amount of cotton yarn in my stash, so there's plenty for dishcloths for a good while yet!


And in my defence, I feel I should point out that some members of the current dishcloth collective are starting to look a little tatty, so they will soon be joining the cleaning cloth group who hang out in a bucket in the cupboard-under-the-sink😉

No comments:

Post a Comment