Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Temptation.....and a new toy!


I do try not to be tempted by all the luscious yarns sold by Wool Warehouse, really I do, but sometimes their offers are just impossible to resist like the one that came along recently for Caron "cake" yarns.....and I confess that I didn't even attempt to say no 😏   


This is Angel Cakes in Seasalt, an Aran weight which is 40% acrylic/60% cotton and comes in 250g cakes.  It's lovely and squishy 😊 


The other three shades are all Ripple Cakes, which is double knit in 100% cotton and 240g; this shade is Mauve Glow.....


English Lavender.....


and finally Summer Rain, which I like so much that I've ordered extra cakes to make a cardigan for myself!


I haven't quite decided what to make with the other cakes but am edging towards a blanket, again just for me for a change 😉  Both yarns were £6.99 per cake, having originally been priced at £13.99, so you can see why I tempted 😄   


And finally, here's my new "toy" ~ a Wool Jeanie.  I've been looking at getting one for a while and thought I might as well go ahead when I succumbed to the Caron yarns LOL  Because my yarn had already been started and I pull from the inside, it did start to look somewhat like a deflating pear as the skein got smaller!  I've since been using it on a new skein and it works very nicely indeed, so I'm pleased with my new toy 😊 

No comments:

Post a Comment