Thursday, November 10, 2022

Focus, Sharon, focus!


I know, I know ~ perhaps Beverly is right and I do have a yarn addiction 😏  To be fair to myself, though, I'm planning another gift blanket and just don't have the right colours in my stash ~ no, honestly, I really don't!  My stash mostly contains colours that have caught my eye, so obviously they are shades that I really like and not necessarily ones that would-be recipients of my crocheted gifts would choose for themselves 😉 


And so it is with the next project I've got planned, hence my latest purchase from Wool Warehouse.  My favourite colour is blue, virtually all shades of blue, so these colours wouldn't normally call out to me but I must admit that they do look rather scrumptious all squished together in their organza bags 😊 


Same bags, just turned around ~ there's a lot of yarn there!  I'm planning yet another chevron blanket but about half as large again as the original pattern.  This isn't destined for Christmas but will be a (possibly early) birthday gift instead.  I expect it will take me some little while to make as it will be larger than most of the chevron blankets I make.

I'm still working away at the "Orkney seascape" blanket as I want to gift it for Christmas ~ so I'm really having to dig deep to focus on that, and try to put these new yarn goodies to the back of my mind 😄 

No comments:

Post a Comment