Monday, November 28, 2022

Who needs a Plan B.....

.....not me, after all 😏 I had managed to persuade myself that I really wouldn't finish the "Orkney seascape" blanket in time for Christmas, so I went ahead and bought something for the recipient.  Of course, no sooner had I done so than I actually completed said blanket 😒  Oh well, the purchase has gone into my gift stash ~ yup, I have one of those too LOL    


The problem was that I was convinced I wouldn't have enough of the Cascade 220 yarn and would have to come up with a creative solution to make it the length in the pattern.  As it turned out, though, I did have enough to finish the body of the blanket but not to add a border ~ I always like to add a border to my blankets as I feel it adds the finishing touch.  I thought about ordering some more of the Cascade 220 but decided to have a rootle about in my stash first to see if I had anything suitable in there.  As luck would have it, I had some Stylecraft Special Aran in a shade called Denim which went very nicely with the other blues, so that's what I used for the border and why I managed to finish the blanket in good time before Christmas!

I'm very pleased with how it's turned out and hope that the recipient will like it, too.  I've made a start on the next chevron blanket project but I can take my time with this one.  I'm really enjoying using all those gorgeous art deco-ish colours and will share photos of my progress in due course 😊

 

1 comment:

  1. I love it -the colours are perfect - not so bright they'll keep the recipient awake, but there's energy there, while being soothing and cheerful. And you've got it completed well in time for posting. Well done!

    ReplyDelete