Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Settling in

The transplanted plants in the new borders are really settling in now, and some are starting to put on new growth already.  The birds are loving the little pool of water and queue up on the stones waiting for their turn ~ not always very patiently, I must say!


Do you like my lovely ceramic toadstools?  I saw them on Justpotteringabout, on Etsy, and couldn't resist!  I ordered another set from a different seller at the same time but unfortunately they seem to have gone astray en route, so she is making me a replacement set and hopes to send them out this week.  Over time, I'm planning on adding little groups to all my borders ~ I shall have to remember to take them in for the winter, though, as I don't want them to get broken in the high winds.


All the new borders are now planted up, although I hadn't finished the last section on the left when I took these photos.  More pictures to come, then 😄


Likewise with this border.  I wonder if the starlings will notice the changes if they choose to nest in the stone wall again next year.


The osteospermums have lots of buds coming through, so I'm hoping for a good display in due course.


Do you remember me showing you how full of weeds the blackberry bed was?  Well, Adrian set-to and cleared it all out for me.  It's not easy to see in the photo but all four of the bushes have some flowers so I'm hoping we may get a handful of berries this year.


And look at that: the redcurrant that I cut right back is sending up new shoots!  The original plant was trained as a standard when I bought it but if it continues to grow and survive, I shall leave it as a bush.  The bed the redcurrants are growing in has a stone wall behind it and to one side there is a narrow bed against another stone wall, so it has some shelter on two sides.  I think that bushes will be better protected than standards!  

No comments:

Post a Comment