Monday, July 4, 2022

Photography on a windy day!


I took all these photos yesterday when it was somewhat windy, so I apologise in advance for them not being very sharp!

The dahlias are doing really well, especially considering that it has been pretty windy for much of the time they have been outside.


The tomatoes have reached beyond the tops of their canes so I am now pinching out the top shoots ~ almost daily, it seems 😄  There are a good number of flowers, so I'm hoping that we get some tasty tomatoes in due course.


The sweet peppers are growing nicely, and they both have flowers forming.  Mr Froggie is playing peek-a-boo 😉


All the cucumbers have fruits developing.....

.....along with these very sweet little yellow flowers.



The rescued geraniums have lots of new leaves developing; it will be interesting to see how much growth they put on over the next few months.

The little plant in the grey pot is a Choisya Ternata that I found when I was weeding part of the border in the ornamental garden.  It's barely grown at all since I planted it, which isn't surprising since the poor thing was being smothered ~ I'm amazed that it has survived at all.  I thought I'd best dig it out and bring it into the greenhouse for some TLC!  Hopefully it will start to put on some growth soon.  I think I shall put it in a container next year rather than planting it into the garden, and will probably bring it into the greenhouse to overwinter.  The label has gone AWOL so I'm not entirely sure which variety it is, but I believe it to be Sundance


We managed to get a cage built around the redcurrants, which just leaves the bed currently housing the potatoes yet to be done.  The plants at the rear are standards but unfortunately the one on the right died right back, probably because it was stuck in a pot for months before I got round to planting it out!  I've cut it down so we will see if it regenerates.  I've grown the two at the front from cuttings sent up from a friend who lives in Kent.  The one on the left was dug out by a flippin cat when it was still only tiny and although I replanted it, I thought it had died.  However, it clung on and is now growing again ~ it has a wee bit of catching up to do yet compared to it's friend on the right 😉  I took some cuttings a few weeks ago when I trimmed back the standard at the back left which are now starting to send out new leaves, so hopefully we will have some more new plants in due course.  


The sweetcorn have now been planted out, so we will see if they do better this year than last.


There are lots of strawberries coming through ~ we're really looking forward to harvesting them! 


 And look at that, even the new plants are fruiting their little hearts out too 😍

No comments:

Post a Comment