Friday, January 21, 2022

I admitted defeat...


image from Clipart Library


...and phoned my GP surgery on Tuesday as I'm still not feeling well, and it's been nearly six weeks since I had that nasty cold *sigh*  Anyhoo, I phoned the surgery just before 12, had a call from my GP for a telephone consultation about 2pm, and she asked me to come in for an examination that afternoon at 3.30pm!  Turns out that I've got a chest infection and bronchitis, so I'm now on antibiotics and an inhaler 😟

I also had to see the practice nurse on Wednesday for blood tests checking liver, kidney and thyroid function, blood count, signs of inflammation, etc.  She had no problems finding a vein but had trouble getting the blood to flow ~ we got there in the end, though.

On the plus side, despite feeling incredibly breathless when I move about, my blood-pressure was perfect (for me) and my oxygen level was 99% 😉

I started the medications on Tuesday and although I am still pretty breathless, I do feel a bit better in myself.  I'm also still coughing but at least it now seems to be "productive" rather than the dry hack it's been up to now.  Hopefully I be back to my old self again sooner rather than later 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment