Thursday, January 13, 2022

Stripy dishcloths


I mentioned in a previous post that I keep getting distracted from the blanket I'm crocheting for the guest bedroom ~ and not just by making clothes for Ethel-Maud 😉 

I've been making my own dishcloths for a long time now ~ I find they are way better than the ones you can buy, even if I do say so myself!  

I did get tempted by a pack of Dream Cloths last June, though, when I placed one of my bulk orders with Who Gives A Crap but to be honest I much prefer my home-made cloths.  


Despite being washed frequently it wasn't long before the Dream Cloths were looking stained, and they have now been relegated to the bucket beneath the sink to be used as cleaning cloths.  Still, at least they can be composted when they look too gross even for that 😄


I made these in double knit cotton yarn (from my stash) with a 4mm hook, and they get chucked in a hot wash with the towels and tea-towels on a regular basis.  I've made this latest set a tad larger than previous ones as they do tend to shrink a little when they've been washed and tumble-dried.

Ethel-Maud was very interested in these new dishcloths as they are just the right size to be a cosy blanket for her ~ she particularly liked the one in the photo above!  She's been making little comments about how lovely it would be if she had her own bed-sitting room so now I've got a whole load of ideas swirling around in my butterfly mind for making said room!

I'm beginning to think that the blanket I've started for the guest bedroom is going to take an absolute age to finish, let alone get a second one crocheted to go with it 😏

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous idea! I love cotton dishcloths as they can be washed, rather than being chucked away after a short while. You should sell them!

    ReplyDelete