Monday, January 17, 2022

A little spending spree...


I've had this mini art museum sitting in the "saved for later" section of my Amazon basket for absolutely ages.  Since the building of Groatie Bay has rather ground to a ~ albeit, temporary ~ halt, I couldn't really justify buying it.  But I had Christmas money burning a hole in my purse so I threw caution to the wind and ordered it 😉

At the Seaside by William Merritt Chase; The Great Wave by Katsushika Hokusai; The Boulevard Montmartre on a Winter Morning by Camille Pissarro

I never had any intentions of using it as it came in the box; 

Snap the Whip by Winslow Homer; Gardanne by Paul Cezanne; The Harvesters by Pieter Bruegel the Elder

instead, I'm going to frame the pictures and put them in my Minikin's homes and/or an art gallery in Groatie Bay.

A Wheatfield with Cypresses by Vincent van Gogh; Self Portrait with a Straw Hat by Vincent van Gogh; Still Life with Apples and a Pot of Primroses by Paul Cezanne

I have to admit that not all the artwork is to my own personal taste...

The Monet Family in Their Garden at Argenteuil by Edouard Manet; The Gulf of Marseilles Seen from L'Estaque by Paul Cezanne; Study for "A Sunday on La Grande Jatte" by Georges Seurat 

...but I am pretty sure that there will be plenty of folk amongst the Minikins that the paintings will appeal to! 

Madame Manet at Bellevue by Edouard Manet; Dancers Practicing at the Bar by Edgar Degas

Someone else is also rather interested...

A Bouquet of Flowers by Clara Peeters; Washington Crossing the Delaware by Emanuel Leutze

...yes indeed, Miss Ethel-Maud ~ how did you guess 😄 She particularly likes the bouquet of flowers painting above.  She said that it would look really rather lovely in her bed-sitting room.....the same bed-sitting room that she only mentioned a few days ago and I have barely started to think about, let alone come up with a plan for making!  Ethel-Maud clearly isn't going to forget about having her very own little private space, though, so I guess I should start to make some plans and hunt for a suitable cardboard box to convert into the room of her dreams 😮

No comments:

Post a Comment