Monday, September 2, 2024

I was tempted!

 

image from Clipart Library

I've been pondering for months over what to put in the large wooden tubs in the front garden.  I knew that I really wanted at least three of them to have perennial shrubs of some kind in them, or even better all five.  Decisions, decisions, though, over what to plant.

Ta-daa!  I went on the David Austin website, just for a little browse around as you do.....should have known I would find something gorgeous to tempt me😏 From left to right we have Emily Bronte, Sceptred Isle, and Eustacia Vye.  They are all in various shades of pink, and have lovely scents ~ I'm always so disappointed if I come across a beautiful rose that smells of absolutely nothing. 

I adore roses and am very pleased with my latest acquisitions 😍  Once the sweet peas have finished I will be replacing them with dwarf buddleja Butterfly Candy Little Sweetheart and Butterfly Candy Little Ruby, both of which I got from Marshalls.

I ordered a few more plants from Marshalls whilst I was getting the buddleja, namely: Veronica peduncularis Oxford Blue, Sedum Seduction La Vie en Rose, Leucanthemum Madonna, Astrantia Florence, Arabis Alpina Alabaster, Armeria Dreameria Daydream, Agapanthus Poppin Star, Weigela Picobella Rosa, and finally Lavatera x Clementii Barnsley Baby.   

Some of those new plants have gone into the path border on the kitchen garden side.  No doubt I will come across a few more plants that can be moved here as I work my way around the ornamental borders that haven't been touched yet.  The others have gone into one of the raised beds in the back patio area.

I've been meaning to show you the fab progress of the rosemary and bay that I moved from the other side of the kitchen courtyard earlier in the year.  They are both doing so well ~ I'm sure you can well imagine how thrilled I am, my lovelies👏 I think I shall try to protect them somewhat with either windbreak netting or fleece over winter.  I thought I could make some sort of tepee-like affair that I could perhaps anchor to the wooden fencing.  It will have to be tall-ish as the standard redcurrant is now living in the corner between the bay and rosemary.  Hopefully I'll come up with something suitable before the bad weather arrives 😄 

And whilst I was in the kitchen courtyard I thought I'd take another photo of this dahlia, White Aster, and show you all the lovely little buds waiting to bloom 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment