Monday, September 23, 2024

Aaand she's back!

image from Clipart Library

Did you miss me???  No???  Somehow I didn't think you would 😏

We've actually been away on our travels, visiting family and friends down south.  It's lovely to see everyone but I must confess that it's always a pretty tiring trip.  This time we went to Hitchin (the town where we used to live) for a couple of days first and then on to my Dad ~ we usually do it the other way around.  We caught up with Sam, Adrian's sister Elaine and her partner Martin, and our friends Olive and Tony.  It was lovely to see them all again 😊 Then Dad picked us up on the Saturday and we stayed with him until we started the journey back last Wednesday.  We also went out for lunch with Amanda and Liz on the Sunday 😍  It was a little strange not having Mum there, but it was reassuring to see just how well Dad seems to be coping.

Sam is actually due to move to Leeds shortly, so at the moment I'm not sure how we will plan our next trip down.  We will still be wanting to spend a couple of days in Hitchin to visit friends, and it is easier for us to see Elaine and Martin from there too.  We will have to add in a couple of extra days in Leeds, either on our way down or coming back.  I've never been to Leeds, although Adrian has briefly, so it will be a new place to explore.  Sam's new flat is apparently not too far from the railway station (although what he and his Dad consider "not too far" may well not be the same as my take on the subject 😉), and it seems there are lots of hotels in the area too.  Methinks I really need to make a concerted effort to shed some of this excess weight and try to get a tad fitter!

As usual I've managed to come home feeling somewhat under-the-weather.  My ears started to feel "blocked up" on Friday, and I had a headache which carried on into Saturday as well.  The headache dissipated somewhat yesterday but today my limbs feel a bit heavy, like I've got a cold ~ must be all those southern germs I was exposed to😏  Oh well, it seems par for the course that one or both of us end up with a cold when we've been away!

No comments:

Post a Comment