Friday, September 2, 2022

Not much to show...

My enthusiasm for the garden has waned a tad whilst I've been feeling under par and I just couldn't drum up the energy to be bothered with taking photos.  I'm feeling more "engaged" with the garden again now, though, and I found these that I took a few weeks back and hadn't yet shared. 


The osteospermums have been lovely.  I shall definitely try overwintering them and will make a note on the pots of what colour each plant is.  They are all pretty but I particularly like the darker pink ones.
 

I can't even begin to explain how thrilled I've been with the dahlias!

Each plant has been produced (and indeed still are producing) so many beautiful flowers.

They have done well in these pots but I think next year I will finish potting them on into the next size up. 

I've had these massed together in the back garden but if I manage to overwinter them successfully, my plan is to pop them (still in their pots) in the borders in the front garden next year. 

I thought I'd see how I get on with growing potatoes in tubs with these autumn-harvest tubers.  These are Nicola and Charlotte...

  and these are Maris Peer.  I planted them on 26th July...

and a couple of weeks later the shoots were coming through!

I completely covered them with a layer of compost but it didn't take long for the shoots to come through again.  I have now filled the tubs with compost and hopefully we will start to harvest potatoes at the end of October 😊 

The onions have all now been pulled.

We've started harvesting tomatoes ~ this is Paruche.  I've had mixed results with them as some of the fruits have split which I think is due to me not getting the watering right.  Still, the ones that we've been able to pick have been very tasty and hopefully next year I will do better.

The blackcurrants have lots of fruit despite not being netted!  I shall be relocating these in the autumn as the bed they are currently in is not so easily accessible.  I will most likely replace them here with rhubarb, which has been very disappointing out in the back garden.

And here's the little minx from a few doors down, in what now seems to be one of her favourite spots to hang out in the garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment