Monday, September 5, 2022

A snippet of nature...


...in the garden.


I often wonder what the different species of birds think of each other.  Apart from the occasional squabble, they all just seem to stick with their own kind.


All the buddleia in the garden have been attracting lots of butterflies, especially red admirals.


This one ~ Lochinch ~ in the hedge border has been especially popular.


I think I read somewhere that red admirals go into a dormant state over winter...


...so perhaps they are busy feeding themselves up 😊
 

This fella was lounging about in the new bird bath.  I hadn't seen him/her in there before but when I was topping the bath up, he/she suddenly appeared from beneath the pebbles!  It's not the frog that hangs out in the hedge border ~ the markings on it's back are different.

It certainly seemed to enjoy the water being poured into the bird bath 😄

No comments:

Post a Comment