Saturday, June 17, 2023

Ouchies take 2 *sigh*

image from Clipart Library

 On Monday Adrian and I made a start on The Great Housework Campaign ~ you guessed it we've got family coming to visit, 'cos as you all know by now I'm sure as hell a terrible slut when it comes to housework 😏  Anyhoo, things were going well albeit we were both pretty knackered by the end of each day.  As I keep saying, housework simply doesn't come high on my list of priorities and to be just a teensy wee bit fair to ourselves, the house still looks terribly shabby no matter how much cleaning we do as there is still so much updating/decorating to be done in most of the rooms.....well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it like glue 😉  In view of our advanced years (*snigger, snigger*) we were aiming to do a room a day but unfortunately the very first room we tackled, the living room, over-ran a tad as I decided to take down and wash the curtains ~ then, of course, they had to be ironed before being hung back up again and as they are very long curtains, it all took longer than I had planned!

Tuesday had been designated for the dining room but we had to finish off in the living room 😒  Still, as we knew it wouldn't take as long as the living room we decided to divide and conquer a little.  So whilst Adrian made a start in the dining room, I emptied out and thoroughly cleaned the fridge.....which took me a fair bit longer than I anticipated, if I'm honest 😲

Wednesday was going to be kitchen day but ~ you guessed it! ~ we had to finish off in the dining room first 😄  It's also the day we have our Tesco shopping delivered so very little got done in the kitchen to be honest.  Then came Thursday.....

I woke up about 6am with extremely painful cramp in my left calf, albeit not quite as bad as it had been a couple of weeks previously in the right calf.  I was not a happy bunny as I'm sure you can imagine!  Adrian more or less insisted that I phone the surgery for a telephone appointment with our GP, just to see what she thought was going on.  I couldn't get an appointment for that day as the surgery is closed on Thursday afternoons, but she phoned me yesterday morning.  To cut a long story short, she thinks that because I've been making a conscious effort to eat more healthily I'm not having quite enough salt in my diet (I know, right 😆), and I've also suddenly increased my exercise levels so my body is using up glycogen in my muscles hence the cramps.  She has suggested adding a little more in the way of naturally salty food (she suggested olives would be a good choice) as well as more protein. The annual blood tests I had done back in March (because of the high blood pressure meds I take) were all normal but if I'm still having problems in a month or so, she wants me to go in for more blood testing.  So now we wait and see if things settle down.

Thursday was a somewhat a slow day in the kitchen because of how sore my leg was, so we over-ran into Friday which we had planned would be for cleaning the downstairs bathroom 😖  Because my leg is still a tad sore, we are spreading out the bathroom and utility room over the course of this weekend.....

image from Clipart Library

and we're both feeling rather old!  Ho hum, got upstairs to tackle next week ~ fingers crossed for no more cramp-in-the-night incidents 😉

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your leg - it will certainly be slowing you down. But you're making progress on the preparatory clean up, so you're doing well. I've been having leg cramps too - always at night - and I'd put them down to not drinking enough water. Your doctor's comment makes me think 'salt' too, as I'm not a great fan of adding salt to my cooking. I'll try that. You deserve a medal for tackling curtain washing - I sent ours off to the drycleaners a year or so back, and the cost was positively horrific. Not quite as much as new curtains would have been, but still outlandishly expensive.

    I hope you get the rest of the cleaning done before you totally run out of energy.

    ReplyDelete