Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Chaos yet again!


A couple of weekends back, my friend Lyndi came over for the day to help me make some Big Decisions out in the craft room 😬


Three years ago the room had got into a similar state, and I spent quite some time getting it back into some semblance of order.....


but alas ~ as is so often the case in my little world ~ it all too quickly became an unholy mess once again😲





Quite apart from my general rather untidy nature, some of the problem is this butterfly mind of mine ~ some new craft catches my eye (and strains my purse πŸ˜‰) or an idea pops into my head, and off I go buying the book or supplies needed for the latest in a long line of potential projects.....


Nine times out of ten, though, that project never actually gets done and the supplies/books just keep piling up in the craft room, which most definitely isn't built along the lines of Dr Who's Tardis!



So I sent photos to Lyndi of the wreck formerly known as The Craft Room and lovely friend that she is, she still agreed to come help me sort out the chaos in there 😊 


Lyndi was very good at helping me make decisions about what to keep and what to let go.....not so much what she said, more the looks she was giving me when I was undecided or hesitated πŸ˜‰


Mind you, in my heart-of-hearts, I know that even if I were to live to be 200 years old I would never do all those little things that have caught my eye over the years πŸ˜„ 


We re-jigged the layout of the furniture a tad and now all my dolls houses (except one, which will come indoors when it's finished), even those still in their boxes, have a designated surface to be displayed on.


Now it's much easier to walk from the door right round to the "workshop" area.  We checked on the ultimate sizes of the houses not yet built and carefully left enough space around the pieces of furniture they will be displayed on.

It seemed much more sensible to move the white bookshelves from the wall where the sewing-machine table now is to stand beside the other shelf unit beside the door.  The blue crates are currently full of dolls house accessories; as the houses/shops are built, the crates will gradually empty out 😊


One of the biggest decisions I finally made was to dispose of my doll collection ~ I know, right 😲  Now as far as Lyndi was concerned this really wasn't a hard decision to be made as she is none too keen on dolls πŸ˜„  It's something that I've had to work up to for a few years, though, as I was very fond of my doll collection!


In the end, though, it was a clear choice between the dolls or having another surface for one of my dolls houses.....as you can see, the dolls houses won the day πŸ˜„

There is still lots to be done out there, not least more Big Decisions to be made regarding my hoard of craft supplies, but thanks to Lyndi a jolly good start has been made 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment