Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Monday morning blues

image from Clipart Library

 

Yes, I know it's Tuesday but nevertheless that's how I feel today I'm afraid 😞

We were supposed to be going south for a couple of weeks on the 1st September but have reluctantly cancelled the trip.  Poor Adrian has been really under the weather for well over three weeks now and although he is somewhat better than he was, he really isn't up to travelling over 700 miles by public transport.  We most likely won't get down until the spring now but will hopefully go in March rather than our usual April/May.

And although I most definitely haven't been unwell like Adrian has, I too have felt a tad under the weather myself these past couple of weeks.  There's been nothing I can really put my finger on, just a lack of energy and feeling a tad "down".  The icing on the cake has been an IBS flare-up this weekend ~ set off by who-knows-what ~ swiftly followed yesterday by a day of constantly sneezing and a runny nose!  Today I merely feel knackered 😒

Oh well, onward and upwards I suppose ~ at least I've used this period of "down time" by getting stuck in to crocheting the first of two blankets I've been planning to make for absolutely bloody ages...every cloud has a silver lining I suppose 😏

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're both sub-par. I've been like that for a couple of months, and "finally" an immunologist has seen me (my blood tests were pretty weird) and says its either a recurrence of my interstitial lung disease, or, we hope, a nasty bout of pneumonia.... that would explain why I feel like a piece of old rag. I certainly wouldn't want to do 700miles on public transport. and the threat of an IBS breakout would be just "ducky", wouldn't it!! Deferring it until you will enjoy it is a very good idea. I am sick of this "you're getting older" stuff. I'd like to be 35 again!! Wouldn't you?

    ReplyDelete