Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Veggie February.....



.....didn't happen.  Well, to be more accurate, it did for the first week but then I let it fizzle out.  I think it was very much to do with the fact that I was relying on ready-made vegetarian dishes rather than scratch-cooking.  I had my gall-bladder removed a number of years ago and get some pain if I eat too much fat, so although I didn't think to look at the ingredients list of the things I bought, I rather suspect that most had a higher fat content than I would usually be consuming with my normal omnivorous way of eating.  I was starting to feel uncomfortable and in a certain amount of low-level pain, so went back to my normal diet.

Funnily enough, I have in the past found it easier (and more comfortable digestion-wise) to follow a vegan rather than simply vegetarian diet.  I guess I eat much more cheese and processed food on a vegetarian eating plan than I do on either a vegan or omnivorous diet.  Of course, it's much easier these days to find ready-made vegan meals than it was when I was following a vegan diet a few years ago.  Back then I had to make most of my meals from scratch and I'll admit that although I felt healthier for those two years than I had done for most of my adult life, I found it hard to be the only vegan in the family so gradually slipped back to my omnivorous diet!

The interesting thing, though, is that Adrian (a proper meat-and-two-veg ~ with potatoes counting as one of the two veggies 😉 ~ man) has suggested we try to have a couple of vegetarian meals each week ~ totally amazing!  So for now, at least, I'm back to my omnivorous diet ~ with plans to spend some delightful hours reading through my small library of cookery books for yummy made-from-scratch vegetarian meals we will both love 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment