Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Same yarn, different effect


Although I hadn't touched a pair of knitting needles for a good many years, I thought I'd see if I could remember enough to make another dishcloth using the King Cole Bamboo Cotton yarn I had left from the crochet version 😄 


I confess that I was a tad disappointed with all three of the dishcloths I crocheted with this variegated yarn.  The variegation seemed to come out looking rather "blocky", if you see what I mean 😕  Perhaps it would have looked better if it had been spread over a larger item.


 As I say, it's been a very long time since I knitted anything and I've only ever made very simple things ~ mind you, the things I crochet aren't exactly complicated either 😉  The dishcloth came out a little bit wonky and I managed to gain a stitch somehow or other, but I guess it isn't too bad as I made it more or less as a beginner knitter.  

I'm thinking that perhaps I'll make a couple more dishcloths using up the two other leftover variegated yarns.  It'll be interesting to see if my knitting gets any neater with a little more practice!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't knitted for years either. That looks good to me 🙂

    ReplyDelete