Monday, February 21, 2022

Eight down.....124 to go!


As I mentioned in my post last week, in the end I decided to use only nine different colours for the guest bedroom blanket squares: eight spread out over the six rounds of the squares, with the ninth used as the last round of each one.  I chose to go down the route of making the final round in each square the same colour (parchment) as I wanted a more cohesive look to the blanket, rather than a totally eclectic patchwork effect.   


Rather than randomly mixing the colours, I also chose to use them in the same order throughout: duck egg, pale rose, meadow, cream, raspberry, stone, pistachio and camel.  I'm not working exclusively on the blanket so it will take some time to complete, but it's a nice easy little "production line" exercise to work on whilst watching TV in the evening.  I'm using one colour at a time, to produce six squares at various stages of completion.  I'm aware that it must be an illusion, but it really does seem as if the squares are completed more quickly this way than if I were to make all seven rounds of each individual square before moving on to the next one! 


 And here are the first eight completed squares, using all the colours in sequence.  As I'm using the colours in a set order I think I will end up making 16 identical squares from each of the eight colours, plus an extra four to bring the total to 132 (11 squares wide by 12 squares long).  Of course, since my maths is pretty rubbish I could well be wrong in my calculations here, so I'll just keep going until I have the total number of squares I need 😉  

No comments:

Post a Comment