![]() |
| image from Freepik |
The Private Patient (Inspector Adam Dalgliesh Book 14): PD James
The Maul and The Pear Tree: The Ratcliffe Highway Murders 1811: PD James and T.A. Critchley
To Die For (The Hidden Norfolk Murder Mysteries Series book 9): JM Dalgliesh
Fool Me Twice (The Hidden Norfolk Murder Mysteries Series book 10): JM Dalgliesh
The Raven Song (The Hidden Norfolk Murder Mysteries Series book 11): JM Dalgliesh
Angel of Death (The Hidden Norfolk Murder Mysteries Series book 12): JM Dalgliesh
Dead To Me (The Hidden Norfolk Murder Mysteries Series book 13): JM Dalgliesh
Blood Runs Cold (The Hidden Norfolk Murder Mysteries Series book 14): JM Dalgliesh
A Litter of Bones (DCI Jack Logan Crime Thrillers Book 1): JD Kirk
Thicker Than Water (DCI Jack Logan Crime Thrillers Book 2): JD Kirk
Slimming World August/September 2025
July was a surprisingly productive month for reading, considering the big garden job we're currently tackling! It's been rather nice not to just veg out in front of the television after dinner, reading instead ~ my poor 'ole body may be knackered, but my brain is still raring to go 😄
I have reached the end of the Adam Dalgliesh books, which is sort of a shame. However, I think his story has ended in a good place so that's really nice. So many stories seem to end with death and destruction so it makes a change for a series to finish on a happy note!
The Maul and The Pear Tree just popped up in the "suggested for you" bit on Amazon, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. I have occasionally read real-life crime books, but I must admit that I found this one a bit dry and hard-going in places. Still, I persevered to the end and to be fair it was quite an interesting case.
I'm still really enjoying the The Hidden Norfolk Murder Mysteries and there are still more left in the series for me to read 😊 As you can see, I've come across yet another series of detective novels. The Jack Logan books are set in and around Inverness, which is an added attraction for me as we fairly regularly travel through the city when we go south to visit family and friends.
As for whittling down my magazine pile ~ well, I managed to read just one this month. Still, at least that's one more than I managed last month 😏

No comments:
Post a Comment