Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Will the mystery finally be resolved???

Amazingly the "mystery plant" is now sending out a flower 😳  I keep looking at it feeling like I know what it is ~ but I just can't put my finger on it 😏   Hopefully once the flower opens it will become clearer and the mystery will indeed finally be solved! 

We're still plodding along with the garden project.  I moved the rest of my little garden knick-knacks from the back to finish off around the pond...

and also got the far end of the bed planted up ~ shopping from the garden, of course 😉  As I've already mentioned, I know that this isn't the best time of year to be digging out and relocating established plants and shrubs.  However, I really do think that I will simply run out of time before the winter weather arrives if I don't get on with it now.  I can tell you from previous experience that it's definitely not fun trying to dig things up when the soil is cold and claggy 😒


I can't remember what this shrub is called but when Adrian dug it up from the wall border for me, it rather conveniently split into two pieces ~ so two-for-the-price-of-one meant that I could put them in two different beds 😊 


The wall border is starting to be emptied out.  Eventually we will have a stone chippings path running beside it virtually all the way along.  Whilst we've already moved stones up to the area near the pond, we will leave the path until after we've got George in to re-do the mortar in this last section of the wall.  Hopefully we'll be able to get that done some time next year 🤞 


Then it was back to shopping from both the front and back gardens...


to get this second bed planted up.  So far, whilst some of the plants did sulk at first, everything seems to be okay.  We have had some warm weather up here but also a fair bit of rain too, which I'm sure must help the plants to settle into their new homes ~ even if it delays us from getting on with the job in hand!


And to finish off this post, I thought I'd show you how nice the raised bed on the other side of the garden is looking 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment