Friday, October 4, 2024

Another beautiful day!

Miss Bluebell was back in one of her favourite spots again yesterday, still hoping that the birds wouldn't notice her!  After a while she moved further along the border and relaxed in the sunshine.  Not so much of that today, unfortunately, but at least I was able to make a good start on the front wall border yesterday whilst it was still warm and sunny.

Even piling up all my gardening stuff in front of the border couldn't disguise the mess it was in!

Like the side border, we made this one in three sections to follow the slope of the garden.  It's been such a long time since I did anything in the border that I couldn't remember what, if anything, I'd planted in there apart from the shrubs😏


It was full of dead bluebell stems, the dreaded dandelions, and various other weeds.  


It took me all morning to clear it out but the end result was very satisfying.  Once I'd pulled out all the weeds (and dug up as much of the dandelion roots that I could) I could see that actually there wasn't much of anything planted apart from the shrubs 😄 Hopefully I'll be able to find a home along here for some of the smaller plants, at least, that will have to be dug out of the path border in due course. 


I got around half of the work done yesterday, leaving this section to be tackled for another day.  Something to look forward to, eh 😉


This is the back view of the humungous fuchsia that's currently crowding out the tiny nature pool over in the kitchen garden.  The girls are hopefully coming over next weekend to help us tackle it!


And to finish off, I thought I'd show you what's happening in the wooden tubs.  The three roses have settled down very nicely; they've all put out some new growth and two of them have also had some blooms.

 Considering how badly I've neglected them the sweet peas are, rather amazingly, still flowering 😳 I really do want to get the two dwarf buddleja I recently bought planted in the tubs, so sadly they will have to be pulled out soon.  I've got one or two other jobs I want to get done first, though, so I can enjoy their pretty flowers for a little while longer at least 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment