Tuesday, August 22, 2023

An early anniversary gift


This is actually from Adrian to me, just in case you were wondering ๐Ÿ˜‰  Well, I did tell you that now my craft room is all spick-and-span I'm going concentrate on my little dolls' house world  ~ I've got a lot of Very Big Plans for Groatie Bay๐Ÿ˜„  


The "renovation" of Groatie Bay ground to a halt, mostly because I really didn't have anywhere suitable to display all the houses I let myself be tempted to buy and totally lost interest.  Now, though, I've got the space to both work on them and display them too.  

I have introduced you to the little trio above previously but it's such a long time ago that I'm sure you will have forgotten all about them!  So just to refresh your memories we have Constance, Lady Buchanan (usually simply known as Lady Constance even though she is now widowed), her twin brother Christopher Long, and her son Sir Peter Buchanan.  Lady Constance is quite the force of nature and likes to Get Things Done ~ nevertheless, she is very kind-hearted and is much liked and admired by the folk of Groatie Bay ๐Ÿ˜Š


Sir Peter with his wife, Lady Elizabeth, and their 16 year old daughter Miranda.


Christopher never married or had any children.  He has always been very much a father figure to Peter and is very close to his nephew and his family.  Sadly Peter's own father was a very unpleasant man and despite Lady Constance's best efforts, he made Peter's childhood miserable ~ he was an equally unpleasant husband, too.  So much so that Peter was glad to be sent away to boarding school, especially as the school he was sent to was where Christopher had a long academic career teaching history and religious studies. 


Christopher and Lady Constance with their housekeeper, Beatrice Fisher.


And this, my lovelies, is the first house to be tackled in those Very Big Plans ๐Ÿ˜ฒ  It will eventually be the new home of Lady Constance and Christopher.


But never fear, I have my trusty band of building contractors to assist ๐Ÿ˜‰  You have also met the lads before but just to recap we have Albert Holland and Derek Landry, co-owners of Landry and Holland which is a building and general maintenance company, and Derek's son Graham, who they employ as a painter and decorator.

image from Clipart Library

You have no idea ~ yet! ~ of the work involved in this renovation so wish the lads and I luck ๐Ÿ˜„ 


No comments:

Post a Comment