Thursday, August 20, 2026

No much going on

😉

It's been hard to get back into the swing of things since we've been away, not helped by the amount of wet days we've had.  Not that I'm complaining too much about that, to be honest, as I think the cooler, damp weather is helping the plants and shrubs that I've been moving to settle in to their new locations with a little less stress than they might otherwise have had. 


Adrian has managed to get the fourth bed in place, though.  Once again it's been positioned much more by eye rather than the spirit level!  As I've already mentioned, this may be the last bed we get moved this year.  It all depends on the weather (of course 😏) and how well we get on with replacing the old sleepers along the front wall border.  

Adrian was also able to get the pile of rubbly soil beside the bed shovelled into it before rain stopped play.  It's very slowly coming together in our revamped garden area, and we can most definitely see where we've been! 


 I managed to get some more plants moved into the third bed but still need to put a few more in there.  The wood blocks are a temporary measure to make it at least a bit more difficult for the local cats to poop in it 😒


We are planning to lay sleepers from where the second and third beds meet, running across the garden to join the path from the front gate.  This will give us a good solid edging to keep the stone chippings separate from what will eventually be the new grassed area.


Still plenty to do out there, as you can see, but I'm hoping that we can get a fair bit more done before the winter weather sets in 🤞

No comments:

Post a Comment