Monday, September 4, 2023

Spot the difference!


A couple of weeks back I showed you how hard Adrian had been working on the soil mountain, and told you that we had gazillions of bags of rubble to get rid of.  Well, there's the proof in the photo above!  Whilst there weren't exactly "gazillions" of bags, there were 99 of 'em 😄


Anyhoo, this is what he's been sieving out of the soil these past few years!  He got off as much of the soil as possible but as you can see by the weeds sprouting in there, there was still some stuck to the bits of rubble.


What a difference, eh!  We'd been waiting so flippin long for the man-with-the-van to get back to us that in the end I got totally fed up and put the bags on our local market place page on Facebook ~ free, of course, but whoever wanted the rubble had to come and collect it.  Someone contacted me who was indeed interested and they came and collected it last week.  It took them a few trips but it was all gone on the same day.  Such a relief not to have to skirt round those bags anymore, I can tell you!

 

And whilst we're in the back garden, come into the greenhouse to have a look at my teensy-weensy melons ~ that doesn't sound quite right but you know full well what I mean 😄  I really didn't think the plants themselves would grow much, let alone put out fruit!  Hopefully they will reach their full potential, about 6" if I remember correctly, before the cold weather is upon us 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment