Saturday, June 25, 2022

Guest bedroom...part five


As promised, here is the more-or-less final post on the guest bedroom.  There are a few little things yet to be tweaked but the room is now ready for our family and friends.  The photos above the chest of drawers are of our parents on their wedding days, and Adrian and I with our sisters.  I think Elaine and I would have been similar ages (we're both the big sisters!), as would Adrian and Amanda when the photos were taken 😍


Moving round the room...


...it's not easy to take good photos in here!  The wicker chair was in our bedroom previously but I swapped it with the little nursing chair that Jane now sits on.  I will be asking Doris of Orkney Upholstery to recover the seat cushion for me in due course.  I bought some rather nice blue fabric for this as well as the ottoman and the little chair between the wardrobe and bed.  Of course, I totally forgot to take a photo of said fabric, so you'll have to wait until I have the work done 😄


My cousin, Michelle, who is a fabulous seamstress very kindly made the curtain (and macrame tie-back) for me ~ it looks lovely!


I was very impressed with the little pocket for tucking the curtain-tape strings in, something I've never come across before 😊


The sun was shining very brightly when I took the photo!


There was fabric leftover so Michelle made me a little cushion.  Hopefully I'll be able to get round to repairing and painting this chair soon, then I can take it to Doris for her to recover the seat.



I shall also repaint the ottoman, then it too can go to be reupholstered.  It belonged to my Grandma; both the Lloyd Loom-type chairs came from her sister, Aunt Mary.

And here's the bed, ready for our first guests.  It's certainly not been a quick-fix job (let's face it, none of the work here at St Abbs is!) but I think it's been worth the long haul, and we're very pleased with the end result 😊 

No comments:

Post a Comment